Position Title – Project Controls Specialist
Position Type – Full-Time, Permanent
Work Location – Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Passenger Terminal Building, 1 Island Airport, Toronto, ON M5V 1A1
About the Organization and the Opportunity:
Nieuport Aviation owns and operates the passenger terminal at the award-winning Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport. Backed by significant international expertise in managing aviation infrastructure, we are committed to world-class customer service for the airport’s passengers.
We are owned by institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management. In addition to managing the terminal, Nieuport Aviation offers passengers a free bus shuttle service between the airport and downtown Toronto, helping to provide a seamless travel experience.
Nieuport is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Nieuport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Nieuport is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment.
About the Role:
The Project Controls Specialist will provide project controls support as part of the Project Management Office (“PMO”) at Nieuport Aviation. The project controls function will, as a minimum, help guide and manage: reporting, the work breakdown structure, estimating, budgets, cost control, progress measurement, scheduling, forecasting, change management, contract management, risk & contingency management, and approvals for expenditure.
The Project Controls Specialist will support the PMO to:
- Implement and manage the planning, scheduling, cost control, change management, estimating, and document control of a project.
- Manage the development of procedures for various project controls activities including budget preparation, forecasts, progress, cost engineering, and planning/scheduling functions.
- Manage cost activities including development and implementation of cost control processes, invoice process, monthly cost reporting, cost variance analysis, and cash flows.
- Manage cost estimating/forecasting activities.
- Direct the preparation of all project controls status reports.
- Review and supervise all project controls reporting for the project.
- Manage planning and scheduling activities including development of project schedules using appropriate software.
- Successfully manage the relationships between the project controls functions including estimating, scheduling, cost control, risk management, and reporting for the program, projects and departmental process development and implementation.
- Resolve issues and provide consistency between the cost control, planning/scheduling, and estimating functions and deliverables.
- Establish and effectively leverage cross-discipline relationships within the departmental groups or project leadership teams to facilitate the development and implementation of effective and efficient project controls systems, processes, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with applicable external entities such as stakeholders, external partners, contractors, subcontractors, and other suppliers.
- Represent project controls at project strategy coordination meetings.
- Able to interact with clients, establish relationship and articulate project wide issues.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience, including site-based roles. Consultant/ Owner Representative experience preferred.
- Must have project controls experience associated with major capex projects (value greater than $50 million). Experience should be associated with cost control, scheduling, and estimating.
- Aviation project experience and specifically transit experience is a plus.
- Active membership or accreditation is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience is required across all project delivery methods, including Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, and Public Private Partnerships.
- Apply the principles of project controls to cost control, planning/scheduling, estimating, document management, risk assessment, contract administration, report development, and business system integration.
- Experience in building project schedules and developing critical path analysis is a must.
- Strong understanding of Project Development and Project Construction process flows, budgeting, and cost management within the construction industry.
- Experience with project controls software – e.g. planning/scheduling as well as cost/earned-value progressing/change control and database applications is also desirable.
- Strong knowledge of standard industry approaches with respect to project control systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with project management teams and senior management.
- A track record demonstrating strong interpersonal and teamwork skills in a multi-cultural environment.
What we are offering:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus (dependent on meeting goals)
- RRSP matching
- Robust Medical, Dental and Life benefits
- Public Transportation or parking allowance
- An opportunity to surround yourself with a group of dynamic professionals who are all working towards elevating the experience of Toronto’s air travelers.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Nieuport is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.