Position Title – Terminal Planner
Position Type – Full-time, Permanent
Work Location – Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Passenger Terminal Building, 1 Island Airport, Toronto, ON M5V 1A1
About the Organization and the Opportunity:
Nieuport Aviation owns and operates the passenger terminal at the award-winning Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport. Backed by significant international expertise in managing aviation infrastructure, we are committed to world-class customer service for the airport’s passengers.
We are owned by institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management. In addition to managing the terminal, Nieuport Aviation offers passengers a free bus shuttle service between the airport and downtown Toronto, helping to provide a seamless travel experience.
Nieuport is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Nieuport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Nieuport is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment.
About the Role:
Under the direction of the Director Terminal Planning and Aviation Development, and as a member of our Planning team, the Terminal Planner will carry out the following tasks:
- Support project execution and delivery of various airport Master Planning, Terminal space and functional planning, strategic commercial development plans, operational plans and technical assignments;
- Manage planning data and documentation required to support project execution;
- Participate in/review/comment on the development of Demand Forecasts for airport facilities;
- Develop Terminal facility and subsystem capacity statements for Passenger and Aircraft facilities using airport planning methods with minimal supervision;
- Undertake analyses of Airport Terminal, Gate, Apron and Commercial operations;
- Undertake research activities to identify and develop and/or present potential solutions to aviation issues;
- Undertake terminal functional space planning, preliminary cost estimates, etc., with minimal supervision;
- Apply knowledge of airport facilities planning including simulation of passenger and aircraft ground maneuvering and aircraft gating;
- Participate in, or lead the planning of airport infrastructure projects by developing preliminary drawings and technical reports with minimal supervision;
- Draft Terminal master plans, technical planning reports, and other related documents;
- Assist with the preparation of Strategic and/or Business Plans to support capital investments;
- Organize and participate in stakeholder consultations in support of projects;
- Coordinate and/or lead production of planning report graphics and illustrations including communications materials, written reports, PowerPoint presentations etc.;
- Contribute to knowledge transfer by providing functional guidance and coaching to other team members;
- Participate in client tours/site visits, as required;
- Interact with Consultants, Airlines and other stakeholders.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Undergraduate degree in Aviation, Architecture, Planning, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in planning practice within the airport/transportation sector; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Sound knowledge of airport, transportation and municipal planning principles and practices;
- Ability to collect, analyze and/or synthesize technical, statistical and related data and information;
- Ability to effectively integrate diverse technical analyses into comprehensive planning programs;
- Basic understanding of marketing, business and capital plans;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally in English, and work with co-workers, clients and contractors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels both internal and external to the organization.
What we are offering:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus (dependent on meeting goals)
- RRSP matching
- Robust Medical, Dental and Life benefits
- Public Transportation or parking allowance
- An opportunity to surround yourself with a group of dynamic professionals who are all working towards elevating the experience of Toronto’s air travelers.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Nieuport is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.